Vodacom 4U Online Sales Returns Policy
1. Refunds – for purchases from vodacom4u.co.za
1.1 NON-DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS – YOUR RIGHTS TO ‘COOL OFF’
Other than for certain exceptional cases (as listed below), you are entitled to cancel any purchase made via this Website within 14 days (including weekends) after your receive the product and obtain a full purchase price refund, subject to being charged by the seller thereof for the return of the product (which, in the case of a product sold by vodacom4u.co.za, must occur by following the returns procedure set out in the ‘Arranging Returns’ section below). Note that although you are entitled to ‘cool off’ and cancel your purchase as aforesaid, you must return the product in the condition you received it.
The ability to cancel purchases of non-defective products, as set out above will NOT apply in respect of the following types of products:
- Vodacom Airtime,
- Vodacom DATA Bundles
- Vodacom SMS Bundles
NOTE: A R55 (Incl VAT) shipping & handling charge is applicable to non-defective returns.
1.2 LATE DELIVERY
If a product purchased is not delivered within the agreed delivery period, or where no specific period was agreed, within 30 days after having purchased the Product, the ECT Act entitles you to cancel such sale on 7 days notice to the seller of such product, the way for giving such notice is via the provided support email on the Vodacom 4U Website.
Should a product purchased be unavailable, the seller thereof must notify you and issue a full refund within 30 days after such notice.
2. Refunds on purchases from vodacom4u.co.za
2.1 EARLY CANCELLATIONS – PENALTY FREE*
For any purchase of Vodacom Airtime, DATA and SMS Bundles, which cannot be cancelled once purchased, you are entitled to cancel (either in whole or in part) any sale without attracting any cancellation and/or administration charges if you cancel prior to the packaging of the products so sold. Such early cancellations can only be effected via the provided support email on the Vodacom 4U Website
* If timeously cancelled as aforesaid, you will be fully refunded in respect of such cancelled sale (including delivery charges), without any administrative or other charges being payable; provided that, should a sale only be partially cancelled and delivery charges as re-calculated on the value of the revised order exceed the delivery charges as calculated on the original order, you shall be liable for the amount of such excess delivery charges.
2.2 DEFECTIVE / DAMAGED / UNSUITABLE PRODUCTS
- GENERAL RULE: If, within 6 months after delivery of a product to you,
▪ you find that the product is defective/faulty, unsuitable for the purpose for which it was indicated in the product description (or otherwise generally intended), not legal, or not reasonably durable (based on circumstances and product type) (hereinafter referred to as being “Defective”); and
▪ you arrange to return such product to vodacom4u.co.za for inspection in the manner described in the ‘Arranging Returns’ section below (being the ONLY manner in which returns will be accepted)
▪ and the product is subsequently found -
◦ to indeed be Defective, you are entitled to either (a) have the product repaired or replaced at vodacom4u.co.za’s expense, or (b) be fully refunded;
◦ NOT to be Defective, you will be liable for the costs incurred in having such product returned to vodacom4u.co.za and then re-delivered to you.
◦ WHEN IS A PRODUCT ‘DEFECTIVE’? Please note that the following issues/problems will NOT render the product Defective as aforesaid and will not entitle you to any repair, replacement or refund:
▪ faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
▪ where you, or someone unauthorised to do so by vodacom4u.co.za, has altered or damaged the product. IMPORTANT: you should refuse to accept delivery of any product which is visibly damaged, and if you only discover the damage after the courier has left (eg a cracked screen), then you must report it to vodacom4u.co.za as soon as possible and within 48 hours. If only reported after 48 hours, it is reasonable for vodacom4u.co.za or its suppliers to determine that the damage was caused post delivery;
▪ electronic hardware or software (including computer games) purchased by you which are not compatible with your operating system and/or existing hardware . Consequently, before purchasing any electronic hardware or software, please confirm that same is compatible with your existing hardware and operating system. System requirements are usually available on the manufacturer’s website
▪ Photographic equipment which shows evidence of (a) impact, sand, liquid or moisture damage; (b) dropping, mishandling or tampering; (c) battery or chemical corrosion; (d) damage caused by connected equipment; or (d) use contrary to the applicable instruction manual
EXCEPTIONS TO THE GENERAL RULE:
▪ Special Offers: If the product was ordered pursuant to a “Special Offer” and such product is no longer being offered at the special price, should you elect to have the product repaired or replaced (as opposed to being refunded), vodacom4u.co.za will only be able to repair, not replace same.
▪ Certain product types which have been opened: To combat the illegal copying of digital media, if the following types of products are returned for being defective or damaged, they will only be replaced with another copy of the same product and will not be refunded: CDs, Videos, DVDs, audio tapes, computer software, games and printer consumables.
▪ Photographic equipment: When returning the product, the relevant invoice and proof of payment must also be returned to kalahari.com. Assessments and repairs are carried out by the approved repair centres and may take up to 6 weeks.
▪ Manufacturer’s Warranties/Guarantees: Certain products may carry additional manufacturer’s warranties/guarantees which are wider in scope, and/or longer in duration, than the 6 month warranty generally provided (as discussed above). Consequently, if a defect is discovered AFTER 6 months from delivery, you could still rely on the following to the Vodacom 4U Support email address.
2.3 NON-DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS
Products which are NOT defective, damaged or unsuitable as discussed above, but which you want to return for whatever reason, can be returned within 7 days from delivery, as explained above under ‘Non-Defective Products – your right to ‘Cool Off’. by following the returns procedure set out in ‘Arranging Returns’ below.
NOTE: Íf you wish to return any non-defective product delivered to you for a refund as aforesaid, please do not remove the product from its original packaging and/or use or wear the Product. Accessories, need to be returned in mint condition and not have been tampered with. Remember that vodacom4u.co.za may hold you liable for any damage you cause to the product (including its packaging) while in your possession.
Incorrect Product: If the incorrect Product is delivered to you by mistake (ie it is not the Product you purchased), please do not remove the Product from its original packaging, open or use the Product in any way. Please promptly contact the vodacom4u.co.za call centre at +10 594 5949 to notify vodacom4u.co.za thereof, so that we can resolve the mistake by arranging to collect such Product from you and deliver the correct Product to you, as quickly as possible at no extra charge.
NOTE: A R55 (Incl VAT) shipping & handling charge is applicable to non-defective returns and not applicable to Incorrect Product delivery.
2.4 ARRANGING RETURNS
If you want to return a product you have purchased from vodacom4u.co.za for any reason permitted under this Refund Policy, you must in all instances first notify vodacom4u.co.za thereof to inform us of the reason for your return by contacting us via either:
- our email at: Support@vodacom4u.co.za
- our call centre at: +27 10 594 5949.
Once you have successfully logged your return as aforesaid, vodacom4u.co.za will arrange for the collection of the product from you. You must ensure that the Product to be collected by the courier is packed so as to comply with the following:
- the Product is properly protected;
- save where being returned due to being Defective, the Product is still in its original packaging, together with all accessories, instructions and documentation (if any), and in perfect condition for the purposes of resale (ie the product must not be damaged, scratched, soiled, and in the case of electronic hardware, the adhesive screen covers must not have been removed); and
- aforesaid RA Number is accurately reflected on the courier’s collection slip.
- vodacom4u.co.za is not able to accept the return of any products which have not gone through the above process and/or are not accompanied by a valid RA Number. Products returned without a valid RA Number will not have been validly returned and may be sent back to you at your expense.
- Please treat products and packaging with reasonable care while in your possession. Nothing herein detracts from any right vodacom4u.co.za may have to hold you liable for any damage you cause to a product (including its packaging) while in your possession.
2.5 PROCESSING OF REFUNDS
Should you be entitled to a refund for any reason, such refund shall –
a) in the case of payment having been made by credit card, be effected on the credit card account as the case may be, provided that if you are refunded on a credit card in respect of only a portion of any order placed by you, then any subsequent refunds processed in respect of that order will be credited to your vodacom4u.co.za shopper profile in accordance with (b) below;
b) in other instances, be credited to your vodacom4u.co.za shopper profile, in which case you have the right to request that the funds be paid into your bank account, being your bank account as reflected on vodacom4u.co.za’s records. vodacom4u.co.za will not, in this instance, pay funds into a third party bank account.
As refunds need to be processed by the banks, please note that the processing of refunds can take up to 5 - 7 working days from approval date