Terms & Conditions
Celebra18 TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
R180,000 CASH IT,GAP IT,DRIVE IT
(Vodacom4U” PTY LTD) is running the CELEBR’18 campaign(“the Competition”) where customers who sign up a new contract or upgrade at any of our Vodacom 4U Stores stores nationwide to any of our CELEBR’18 deals during the month of May,June and July 2022 stand a chance to GAP IT,DRIVE IT or CASH It to the value of R180,000
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
- The Competition runs from 6 May 2022 and ends at 12h00 midnight on 6 August (“end date”). Any entries received after the closing date will not be considered for the competition.
- One lucky entrant stands a chance of winning the overall GAP IT,CASH it or DRIVE it to the value of R180,000
- Vodacom4U and Judges decision is final.
- To enter:
- Successfully (processed and approved) sign up a new contract or Upgrade to any of the 4U Celebr’18 deals. from 6 May 2022 and ends at 12h00 midnight on 6 August 2022 (“qualifying contract”) at all Vodacom4U stores (“participating stores”).
- Only New lines and upgrades for these specific deals will be included and any cash deals and migrations do not qualify to be entered and will be excluded from winning in this Competition.
- The winners will be randomly selected from all eligible entries which meet the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- Each qualifying new contract or upgrade as stipulated in clause 3 above constitutes one (1) entry into the Competition.
- Only entries received during the Competition period as stipulated in clause 1 above will qualify as potential winners.
- The Competition is only open to persons 18 years or older. Entries received from business accounts held by legal persons (amongst others Corporates and SMEs, etc.) are excluded from participating and winning in the Competition.
- Entrants are allowed to enter as many times as they like but are only eligible to win once for the duration of the Competition(Sign up or upgrade).
- Participants must be in possession of a valid SA identity document or valid permanent residence permit valid for a period exceeding 12 (twelve) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the end date of the Competition.
- The selected winners must be able to identify themselves (in a manner determined by Vodacom4U) as the qualifying entrants to the Competition and must comply with the required validation procedure in order to claim the prizes.
- The selected winners must have complied with these Terms and Conditions to enter and be on an active, qualifying contract with no accounts held with Vodacom being in arrears to be eligible to win the prizes.
- There are no additional charges for participating in the Competition.
- All risks and ownership of the prize shall pass to the winner on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all Vodacom4U’s obligations regarding the Competition as well as in regard to the prize shall terminate. Vodacom4U will advise of arrangements in respect of the prize distribution at the time of contacting the selected winner.
- Notwithstanding the fact the prize vests on the winner immediately upon the determination of the results, any prize that remains unclaimed/ undeliverable after a month of transfer or no reasonable effort is made on the part of the winners to claim the prize despite having been advised of the results of the Competition will be forfeited.
- The winner will be contacted during working hours (08h00 to 17h00) by phone on or after the draw date, using the cell phone number associated with his/ her entry into the Competition.
- Vodacom4U will use reasonable efforts to contact the winner telephonically on the contact details used to participate in the Competition. Vodacom4U shall attempt to contact the winner for a period of 2 (two) working days after his/ her name has been drawn and verified as a winner.
- Should a participant not be available on the contact number during the timeframe stipulated or reject, forfeit or decline acceptance of the prize, that person’s right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom4U reserves the right to then award the prize to the next selected entrant.
- The claim for the prize will be subject to security and validation, failing which the winner will forfeit the prize and the prize will be awarded to the next selected qualifying entrant.
- If a winner cannot accept the prize for any reason whatsoever, the prize will be awarded to the next selected qualifying entrant.
- Vodacom4U reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by the winner is valid.
- In the event that the user of the mobile phone (i.e. the participant in the Competition) is not the person that is responsible for payment of the qualifying contract/ existing qualifying contract, then the prize will be awarded to the person that is the account holder and responsible for payment of the qualifying contract/ existing qualifying contract.
- Only entrants who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible to win the Competition. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
- Vodacom4U shall request the winner’s consent in writing to their image and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom4U in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after they have been announced as winners. The winner may decline the use of his/her image and/or likeness by Vodacom4U.
- The winner’s names and location may be displayed Vodacom4U Social Media Assets as well as on screens/in store TV within Vodacom4U Approved sales channels.
- The prize is not transferable or exchangeable.
- The judges’ decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prize will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- In the event of a dispute regarding any aspect of the Competition and/or the Terms and Conditions, Vodacom4U’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- User data collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for the Competition only.
- Employees, directors and agents of Vodacom4U and all participating stores, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the sponsoring, devising, production, management or marketing of this Competition are not eligible to participate in this Competition.
- The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom4U.
- Vodacom4U is not liable for any technical failures affecting participation and / or prize redemption process of the Competition.
- Vodacom4U shall not be liable for taxes or any costs incurred by the winners for entering the Competition or in claiming the prize.
- Neither Vodacom4U nor any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Competition, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the Competition or from claiming the prize or after claiming the prize.
- In addition, neither Vodacom4U nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or
misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems affecting participating and/or prize redemption process of the Competition.
- If Vodacom4U is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it because of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom4U and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
- Vodacom4U may refuse to award the prize if these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom4U is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify that they are rejected.
- All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- Vodacom4U Reserves its rights pertaining to any winners who may default on account – standard terms & conditions for remedy per Vodacom4U contract & upgrade application documentation.
The following Terms and Conditions relate to the Vodacom RED Flexi Plans.
These Terms and Conditions must be read in conjunction with the standard Terms and Conditions contained in the Vodacom Contract Airtime agreement and Terms and Conditions Booklet. Where any Terms and Conditions conflict with each other, these RED Flexi Price Plan Terms and Conditions will prevail.
These Terms and Conditions do not replace any other Terms and Conditions, agreements or contracts that exist between you and Vodacom.
Your subscription to the Service constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Vodacom reserves the right to modify the Service(s) where reasonably required and may from time to time expand on these Terms and Conditions and will provide you with reasonable notice thereof. You will be bound by all current Terms and Conditions, so please update yourself with them on a regular basis.
Vodacom reserves the right to charge for VoIP data calls (Voice over Internet Protocol) on selected price plans at applicable rates.
RED Flexi Price Plans receive a monthly airtime allocation, in Rands, equivalent to the subscription amount of the price plan hereinafter referred to as subscription airtime. The monthly subscription amount refers to the monthly amount billed to the customer in advance at the beginning of each calendar month. RED Flexi Price Plans may also recharge their accounts with additional airtime hereinafter referred to as recharge airtime. Subscription airtime and recharge airtime will be kept in separate wallets and will be displayed as such when a customer checks their balance on any of the self-service channels available.
Customers can only transfer airtime from their recharge airtime wallet, and a maximum of 80% of this balance will be allowed to be transferred as airtime to another Prepaid, RED Flexi, or Top Up price plan.
If you migrate from a price plan with airtime or bundle services (Voice, SMS and Data) as part of the standard price plan, to any other price plan, regardless of whether the new price plan selected incorporates any bundled offerings, migration rules will apply and you may forfeit all or a portion of the accumulated airtime or bundled Service/s.
Migrations that take place from a RED Flexi Price Plan to Prepaid price plans will forfeit their monthly subscription airtime but carry over their recharge airtime at the time of migration.
Migrations that take place from a RED Flexi Price Plan to any other Top Up price plan will forfeit their monthly subscription airtime, but carry over their recharge airtime.
Migrations that take place from a RED Flexi Price Plan to an open contract or postpaid price plan will forfeit both their monthly subscription airtime, as well as their recharge airtime at the time of migration.
Monthly subscription airtime allocation on the RED Flexi packages cannot be used for the purchase of premium rated content, WASPS and VAS services.
RED Flexi customers have access to certain VAS offers and services which Vodacom reserves the right to discontinue.
Monthly subscription airtime allocated as part of the RED Flexi Plans will carry over to the following month; recharge airtime does not expire.
Monthly subscription airtime allocated as part of RED Flexi Price Plans can be used for all call types, data transmission (upload and download) as well as sending of SMS and MMS messages and will be charged for at the applicable rates. Monthly subscription airtime can also be used to purchase once-off/30-day bundle/s service/s.
Monthly recurring bundles added as a VAS to RED Flexi Price Plans will be added to the monthly bill and not deducted from subscription or recharge airtime.
Calls, Data and SMS usage, where no bundled services are available, or to premium rated services, will also have the out-of-bundle rate applied and billed against either the monthly subscription airtime, or recharge airtime where applicable, unless otherwise stipulated. Please see the below table for billing reference.
Terms and conditions apply to all Contract, Top Up, uChoose and Prepaid price plans and deals. Visit vodacom.co.za for full terms and conditions or ask in store for a copy.